Community Council Meeting Minutes - September 2010
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Friday 3rd September 2010 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 6.00 pm
Present: Cllrs. Mrs. K. Godfrey (Chairman), Mrs. D.Roberts, Mrs. B. McDonald, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Messrs. R.B. McDonald, S. Stevens, and M. Jenkins
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. A. Wharton, Mrs. L. Michel, and Messrs. N. Whitehead.
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST Cllr. R.B McDonald declared an interest in Planning Applications – Minute No. I am a County Borough Councillor and unable to express an opinion on Planning Applications prior to a Development Control Meeting.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES With the following amendment to paragraph 3 of the minutes of the Special Meeting held on 24th June, to read “and as a community council and not as a community could” the minutes of the Special Meeting held on 24th June, together with the minutes of the Monthly meeting held on Thursday 8th July and the minutes of the Special meeting held on 12th August 2010, were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There were 3 Members of the public present, and 2 raised concerns regarding the sale of the allotment land at Penrhiwfer.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 ‘NO THROUGH ROAD’ SIGN COLLENNA RD/WINSLADE AVE. It was RESOLVED: To note the quotation from RCTCBC at this time.
5.2 DOG BINS – TYN-Y-BRYN PARK Members noted the contents of a letter from the Parks Operations Manager of RCTCBC dated 19th July 2010.
5.3 KEEPING OF SNAKES AT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS IN TONYREFAIL The contents of a letter from the Licensing Department of RCTCBC dated 30th July 2010 in respect of the abovementioned was noted.
5.4 CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING BY RCTCBC Owing to the ‘Grants’ meeting being deferred to October. It was RESOLVED: That the training which was scheduled for October is deferred. The Clerk would contact RCTCBC to ask if this could be carried out prior to the November meeting.
6.1 BRINSON’S An email regarding a plot of land adjacent to Trane Cemetery had been received from Brinsons. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk contacts them to arrange a site meeting with Members in order to discuss the matter further.
6.2 SPEED REDUCTION MEASURES, PENRHIWFER ROAD Members discussed the contents of RCTCBC letter dated 5th August 2010 and the Clerk was asked to write to ask if the proposed ‘Speed Cushions’ could be replaced with a larger type which would cover the whole width of the road.
6.3 W.A.G. – LOCAL GOVNT PARTNERSHIP SCHEME ANNUAL REPORT 2009/10 Members noted the contents of their letter dated 2nd August advising the report available to view on their website.
6.4 LOCAL SERVICE BOARD – RCT COMMUNITY STRATEGY 2010-20, LIVE, GROW ASPIRE, ACHIEVE. The Clerk advised that the copy of the above would be available to view in the office.
6.5 W.A.G. – LOCAL GOVERNMENT (WALES) MEASURE Members noted the contents of their letter dated July 2010.
6.6 RCTCBC – STANDARDS & ETHICS CONFERENCE OCT. 2010 The contents of their letter dated 16th July 2010 were noted.
6.7 ONE VOICE WALES – MEMBERSHIP OFFER 2010-11 Members declined the offer to join this organisation.
7. PLANNING Cllr. R.B. McDonald left the room whilst this item of business was discussed, as per his disclosure in minute No. 2
There were no objections to any of the planning applications placed on the agenda for this months meeting.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the September report
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for August and September.
10. SENIOR CITIZENS CHRISTMAS DINNER 2010 The Christmas Dinner had been arranged for 8th December 2010 and dates for issuing tickets etc. will be discussed at a later date.
11. PENRHIWFER ALLOTMENTS The September meeting had been brought forward in order to discuss the abovementioned. The Clerk advised Members that our ‘offer’ had been rejected by the land-owner and she had been advised that no further offers would be accepted as the land would be going to Auction.
A discussion took place and it was RESOLVED: That the Clerk together with the Vice Chairman would attend the Auction in September and they were given a ‘ceiling’ figure on what to bid. This figure would be exclusive of our costs.
12. ANNUAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEETING It was RESOLVED: That this would take place on the same date as the meeting to view the land adjacent to the cemetery- See minute no. 6.1.
13. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT The Chairman had nothing to report or announce.
14. MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT There were no Members reports.
The Clerk advised that she would be taking Annual leave from Wednesday 15th September to Wednesday 22nd September inclusive.
15. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Council will take place on 14TH October 2010. The Grants meeting will take place immediately after the Monthly meeting of the same date.