tonyrefail & district community council
next council meeting:
Thursday 18th May
click HERE for details
find_us_on_facebook
CLERK
Mrs Pauline Williams
COEDELY WARD
Cllr. Cameron Wells
 
COLLENNA WARD
Cllr. Mr Austin Davies
Cllr. Mr Shawn Stevens
 
PENRHIWFER WARD
Cllr.Andrew Davies Jones
Cllr. Mr Dan Owen Jones
 
THOMASTOWN WARD
Cllr. Mrs Karen Webb
 
TYLCHA WARD
Cllr. Mrs Diedre Roberts
Cllr. Mr Danny Grehan
 
TYNYBRYN WARD
Cllr. Mrs Alex Davies Jones
Cllr. Mr Greg Powel

Community Council Meeting Minutes - May 2012

Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Tuesday
 
15th May 2012, at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, and Tonyrefail which commenced at 7.10 pm.
 
Present: Councillors: Messrs. Shawn Stevens (Chairman), Steve Kiff (Vice Chairman), Greg Powell, Neil Harding and Mrs. Deidre Roberts.
 
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
 
1 APOLOGIES
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Austin Davies (Holidays) and Alexandra Davies (Holidays).
 
2. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INTEREST
There were no disclosures of personal interest declared
 
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the Monthly meeting held on Thursday 12th April 2012 were confirmed as a correct record.
 
4. PUBLIC BREAK
There was one member of the public present and he raised the following questions:
 
4.1 ALLOTMENTS
Concern raised with waiting lists - Clerk to write to allotment societies to ask for a copy of their waiting list.
Lack of allotments in the area particularly in view of the amount of new housing created. He was asked to submit a letter to the Community Council.
 
4.2 UN-ADOPTED ROADS – MOUNTAIN VIEW
Clerk asked to write to Highways department in RCTCBC.
 
4.3 ROUNDABOUT – MOUNTAIN VIEW
Concern was raised with access and egress onto the roundabout from Mountain View
especially in view of the proposed new housing developments. When the planning
application comes before the Community Council this will be taken into consideration.
 
4.4 PROVISION OF BUS STOP
Nearest bus stop is at Bryngolau. Clerk to write to RCTCBC
 
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
 
5.1 TRAFFIC CALMING – FRANCIS STREET, THOMASTOWN.
It was reported that PCSO Steven Pike would undertake the use of a Radar Gun at this
location in the near future.
 
5.2 LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY
Proceeding
 
5.3 MEMORIAL SAFETY – TRANE CEMETERY
(i). The Clerk advised that she had arranged a ‘Manual Handling’ course for the staff on
Friday 18th May.
(ii). Larger Memorials – proceeding.
 
5.4 AINON CHAPEL
No further information had been received from RCTCBC.
It was reported that the feeling in the community is that the plaque should be erected at the site of the Ainon chapel and not in Trane cemetery. The Clerk would inform RCTCBC of this information.
 
5.5 WAR MEMORIAL
(i). The Clerk advised that in respect of Sgt. Page, that she had been approached by a Mr. Edward Powell advising that he would be prepared to pay for the inscription himself.
 
It was RESOLVED: To allow Mr. Powell to proceed.
(ii) Added Inscription – David Henry Sims – Proceeding.
(iii). War Memorial Insurance – Waiting RCTCBC.
 
5.6 DOG FOULING
It was reported that dog fouling is particularly bad in School Street, Tyn-y-Bryn Park and Bethanial Hill through to Thomastown Road. The Clerk would inform the RCTCBC enforcement Officer.
 
5.7 SCHOOL STREET – PARKING
No improvement - Clerk to contact Lynn Sherwood in RCTCBC for an update with a copy to Councillor Robert McDonald.
 
5.9 HEALTH & SAFETY
Proceeding.
 
5.10 FOOTPATH TREF-Y-RHYG SCHOOL TO TYLCHA
Members noted the contents of an email from the RCTCBC Footpath Officer.
 
6. CORRESPONDENCE
There were no items of correspondence on the agenda this month.
 
7. PLANNING
 
7.1 PLANNING APPLICATION 11/1387
Members noted the contents of RCTCBC letter dated 25th April. It was RESOLVED: That this would be discussed further in the June meeting.
 
7.5 PLANNING APPLICATION 12/0288/10
Whilst there was no objection to the application, members were concerned with the footpath at the junction of Footpath No. 43 and 59. The Clerk was asked to write to RCTCBC on this matter. There were no observations/objections made to any of the other planning applications placed on this month agenda.
 
8. FOOTPATH REPORT
The Footpath report for June was noted.
 
9. ACCOUNTS PAID APRIL 2012
It was RESOLVED: To approve and accept the accounts as presented
 
10. MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT
The Clerk advised that she would like to take Annual Leave during the next week or so. This was agreed.Concern was raised once again in respect of the Pillars in Penrhiwfer Road. The Clerk was asked to write to RCTCBC and to agenda this matter for the June meeting
 
11 TO RECEIVE: MONTHLY PACT MEETING REPORT
It was reported that there were 14 people present, but only 5 members of the public. Items which were discussed were: Littering Theft of metal in the area
Radar Gun to be used in Thomastown Proposed development – Trane Farm – increase of traffic The next PACT meeting will take place on 11th June in Tonyrefail East and the July meeting will take place in Tonyrefail West on the 9th July.
 
12. CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING FOR COMMUNITY COUNCILLORS
Members noted the contents of RCTCBC letter dated 18th April. The Clerk emphasized the importance of all members attending. It was RESOLVED: That all Councillors present in this evenings meeting would attend Church Village on the 19th June.
 
13. TO RECEIVE FOR INFORMATION ONLY – BUDGET 2012/13
Members noted the same.
 
14. LAND AT CAPEL-Y-TON
It was RESOLVED: To continue cutting the green area where the community council has a seat for the time being.
 
15. MINOR AUTHORITY VACANCY – TREF-Y-RHUG AND CWM LAI SCHOOLS
It was RESOLVED: That Councillor Neil Harding is nominated for Cwm Lai School. In respect of Tref-y-Rhug School it was RESOLVED: To defer this item. The Clerk to notify RCTCBC.
 
16. PRICHARD STREET ALLOTMENTS
The Clerk reported that an area in the allotments had recently been flooded and that the allotment holders were asking for 25 metres of pipe and collars. It was RESOLVED: That once an allotment committee is set up they would meet with the allotment holders.
 
17. DAMAGE TO GRAVESTONES – TRANE CEMETERY
The Clerk reported on the damage which had been caused during the high winds on Sunday 29th April and that her priority was to have the branches removed to establish which memorials had been damaged in order that the owners could be notified as she did not want them to visit the cemetery before they had been informed of the damage. The Clerk was now liaising with the families and the insurance company.
The Clerk also advised that as the tree is now exposed on one side to the elements that she has asked the Tree Surgeon to undertake this work and that it would be carried out later this week.
 
The Clerk was asked to seek guidance from RCTCBC on cemetery procedures in bad weather.
 
18. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING.
The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 14th June 2012.
The meeting closed at 9.00 pm
 

printable copies are available from the documents library

[Home]
copyright © Tonyrefail & District Community Council  2010-2017  E&OE