Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 12th May 2011 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail which followed the Annual Meeting which commenced at 6.30 p.m
Present: Councillors: Messrs. S. Stevens, B. McDonald, Mrs. B. McDonald and Mrs. D. Roberts
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of the Cllr. M. Jenkins, Cllr. S. Stevens – Vice Chairman took the chair for the meeting.
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. B. Jenkins, Mrs. A. Wharton and Mr. M. Jenkins.
2. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INTEREST Cllr. R.B McDonald declared an interest in Planning Applications – Minute No. 7. I am a County Borough Councillor and unable to express an opinion on Planning Applications prior to a Development Control Meeting.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Monthly meeting held on Thursday 10th February 2011 were confirmed as a correct record.
4.PUBLIC BREAK Mr. S. Kiff was in attendance and the Clerk asked if the website could go live and that she would provide further information as soon as possible, i.e.: agenda, minutes etc. Mr. Kiff advised that he would carry out this request as soon as possible.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY Unfortunately a meeting had not been set up prior to the Clerk going on sick leave. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk and Chairman meet with Mr. Richard Thomas to discuss the matter further.
The Clerk was asked to contact Dorchester Land with an update on the land adjacent to the top of the cemetery.
5.2 COMMUNITY HALL – CAR PARK LIGHTING The Clerk would write to RCTCBC again regarding this issue. It was also reported that the ‘Height Restriction’ bar had been ‘destroyed’. The Clerk would mention this to RCTCBC in the same letter.
5.3 ENTRANCE TO LEISURE CENTRE It was RESOLVED: That as work had now been completed in this area, that this item is removed from the minutes.
5.4 BUS STOP – HAFOD WEN/HIGHLANDS TONYREFAIL Members noted the contents of a letter from RCTCBC dated 23rd February advising that arrangements will be made for a site meeting to be held with South Wales Police, Stagecoach and the Community Council.
The Clerk was asked to write to RCTCBC as no contact had been made with the Community Council regarding the site meeting.
5.6 BUS SHELTER – BRYNGOLAU Members noted the contents of a letter from RCTCBC dated 10th March 2011 advising that they may be able to provide a refurbished bus shelter in 2011/12. The Clerk was asked to write to RCTCBC to ensure that they have informed Mr. & Mrs. Clare of the situation.
6.1 MENCAP CYMRU – FINANCIAL SUPPORT The Clerk was asked to reply to their letter dated 11th March advising that the ‘S137 Grants’ meeting is not held until September each year.
6.2 RCTCBC – PUBLICATION REPORT ON THE LDP UP TO 2021 Members noted the contents of their letter dated 8th February.
6.3 RCTCBC – ADOPTION STATEMENT LDP 2006-2021 Members note the contents of the abovementioned.
6.4. W.A.G. – DRAFT EQUALITY & DIVERSITY STRATEGY FOR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICES IN WALES. The contents of their consultation document was noted.
6.5 OPEN DOORS 2010 Members noted the same.
6.6 BRITISH HEART CYMRU The contents of their thank you letter dated 11th February 2011 was noted. 6.7 W.A.G – COMMUNITY & TOWN COUNCIL SURVEY Their letter dated April 2011 advising that the Findings Report on the abovementioned was available on their website was noted.
6.8 ONE VOICE WALES – NATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME The Clerk advised that if any Member is interested in any of the training programme to contact her. 6.9 ONE VOICE WALES – MEMBERSHIP 2011-12 It was RESOLVED: Not to join this organisation.
7. PLANNING Cllr. R. B. McDonald left the room whilst planning application were being discussed.
There were no objections/observations made to any planning applications placed on the agenda for this month.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for May 2011.
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: That the Ramblers membership would not be renewed for 2011/12. It was further RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for May 2011
10 MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT Members nor the Clerk had no reports this month.
11. CASUAL VACANCY The Clerk advised Members that a notice had been displayed in the notice board and in the office.
12. TREES ADJACENT TO PROPERTY NEXT TO TRANE CEMETERY The Clerk advised members that a quotation had been received to have the trees cut back and one very large diseased limb removed of £1440. It was RESOLVED: To accept this quotation.
13. COUNCIL INSURANCE – PRE LOSS BUILDINGS VALUATION The Clerk advised members that she had a buildings valuation carried out as this had not been done for some time. Members noted the contents of the report from Giles plus services.
The Clerk advised that she would seek further quotations in the next financial year for the community councils insurance. 14. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 9th June 2011.