Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 13th May 2010 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 7.00 pm
Present: Cllrs. Mrs. D.Roberts, Mrs. B. McDonald, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Messrs. R.B. McDonald, N. Whitehead and Mr. Jenkins,
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of the Chairman Cllr. Mrs. K. Godfrey The Vice Chairman Cllr. Mark Jenkins took the chair.
1. APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. K. Godfrey, Mrs. A. Wharton, Mrs. L. Michel and Mr. S. Ambani.
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST Cllr. R.B. McDonald declared an interest in Minute No. 7. - I am a County Borough Councillor.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Monthly meeting held on the 8th April 2010, were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There was a member of the public present who came to observe the meeting and raised no questions with the Council.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 TELEPHONE SYSTEM The Clerk provided Members with prices of the B.T. ‘One Plan’. It was RESOLVED: To accept the ‘One Plan’ on a 2 year contract.
5.2 REQUEST FOR A BENCH AT TRANE CEMETERY The Clerk presented Members with prices for benches and Members asked that the Clerk obtains prices for benches similar to the type in the Garden of Remembrance.
5.3 ‘NO THROUGH ROAD’ SIGN COLLENNA RD/WINSLADE AVE. Proceeding.
5.4 REPLACEMENT OF WORKS VEHICLE Members were advised of the cost of repairs for 2009/10, but the Clerk had not been able to obtain prices for a new vehicle/leasing owing to her workload. The Clerk would bring these prices to the next meeting of the Council.
6.1 A SHARED COMMUNITY Members noted the contents of a letter from the Welsh Assembly Government dated April 2010 in respect of the abovementioned.
7. PLANNING There were no objections/observations to any of the following planning applications: 10/0141/10, 10/0391/10, 10/0316/15, 10/0361/15, 10/0310/16, 10/0070/10, 10/0283/13, 10/0307/10.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for May 2010
9 .ACCOUNTS It was RESOLVED: That the accounts for May be approved and accepted.
10. REPORTS/COMPLAINTS The Bus Shelter on Heol Ty Llwyd Road had been badly vandalised. The Clerk would contact RCTCBC on this matter.
11.1 REVIEW OF 25 YEAR RULE ON BURIALS Members were informed that the Statutory Instrument issued by the Boundaries Commission at the time of the boundary changes in 1985 in relation to burial fees had now expired. It was RESOLVED: That all cemetery fees would be doubled for all residents outside of the Tonyrefail Community Council area as and from 1st July 2010.
The Clerk informed Members of the contents of a letter from ‘The Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities’ dated 19th February 2010. the Clerk advised that she had spoken to the Legal department in R.C.T.C.B.C and was advised that this was outside the scope of the E.E.C directive which therefore doesn’t fall into the category and to continue as we are. It was RESOLVED: To accept the recommendation of Rhondda, Cynon, Taff County Borough Council.
12. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting of the Community Council will be held on Thursday 10th June 2010 at 6.30 p.m. in the Community Centre, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail.