Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 9TH June, 2011 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail which followed the Annual Meeting which commenced at 6.30 p.m
Present: Councillors: Messrs. M. Jenkins (Chairman), N. Whitehead, S. Stevens, Mrs.D. Roberts, Mrs. A. Wharton and Mrs. B. Jenkins
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. B. McDonald, Mr. R. B. McDonald.
The Clerk advised that as Cllr. S. Ambani was not in attendance she advised members that if Cllr. Ambani is not present at the next meeting he would be automatically disqualified. It was RESOLVED: That owing to Cllr. Ambani recent illness that special dispensation be given which would mean that he would not be disqualified.
2. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INTEREST There were no disclosures of personal interest declared.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Annual meeting and the Monthly both held on Thursday 12th May 2011 were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK Mr. S. Kiff was in attendance and the Clerk thanked him for the work he had carried out on the website and she advised members that the website is now live and can be seen at www.tonyrefail.cc
5 .MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY (a). Both the Chairman and the Clerk had met with Mr. Richard Thomas of Brinson’s in respect land at the side of the cemetery.
Mr. Thomas advised that unless the SSSI land which is in the ownership of the council is transferred together with the sum previously agreed that it would not be possible to proceed, unless the council wished to purchase the land only at a significantly higher price. It was RESOLVED: Not to proceed with the offer.
(b).In respect of the land at the top of the cemetery, correspondence had been received from Dorchester Land and it was RESOLVED: That a site meeting of the council be held on Thursday 16th June with representatives from Dorchester land.
5.2 COMMUNITY HALL – CAR PARK LIGHTING The Clerk had contacted RCTCBC and had been advised that during the summer nights anti-social behaviour is a problem and that should the car park be lit then this would continue throughout the winter when it would be more of a problem.
Members felt that there is a need for lighting and that the Clerk contacts RCTCBC. with a view to fixing a light which could be switched on and off only when the hall is in use.
5.4 BUS STOP – HAFOD WEN/HIGHLANDS TONYREFAIL Proceeding.
5.5 CASUAL VACANCY That following the declaration of a casual vacancy for a Community Councillor dated 12th May 2011, no request for an election has been made.
The community council will now proceed to fill the casual vacancy by co-option.
6.1 CARDIFF, VALES & VALLEY’S Members noted the contents of their letter dated 2nd April in respect of a County Steering Group.
7. PLANNING There were no objections/observations made to any planning applications placed on the agenda for this month.
8 FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for June 2011.
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for June 2011
10 MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT The Clerk advised members that once again the Supervisor had carried out work over and above his duties during the her absence. It was RESOLVED: That an additional weeks leave be given to him.
The current Chairman, thanked Cllr. Karen Godfrey for the work she carried out during her year in office.
11. WAYSIDE SEATS Members were made aware that there are no seats in stock. It was RESOLVED: To replace stock only as and when required.
12. CEMETERY – POLICY ON TESTING OF MEMORIALS The Clerk made members aware that although memorials are tested that no data has yet been recorded. It was RESOLVED: That this would be placed on the agenda for the site meeting on 16th June 2011.
13. OFFICE EQUIPMENT – COMPUTER The Clerk reported that the computer memory is insufficient for the amount of burial information that it contains which is making it very slow. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk is given delegated powers to purchase a new system.
14. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 14th July 2011 The meeting closed at 7.05 pm