Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 16th July 2011 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail which commenced at 6.30 p.m
Present: Councillors: Messrs. S. Steven (Vice Chairman), R.B. McDonald, N. Whitehead, Mrs. B. McDonald and Mrs. D. Roberts.
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of the Chairman, the Vice Chairman Councillor S. Stevens took the chair for the meeting.
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. M. Jenkins, S. Ambani, B. Jenkins and S. Ambani.
The Clerk was asked to send a card to Cllr. Ambani, as he is still attending hospital 3 times a week.
2. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INTEREST Cllr. R.B McDonald declared an interest in Planning Applications – Minute No. 7. I am a County Borough Councillor and unable to express an opinion on Planning Applications prior to a Development Control Meeting.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES With the following amendment: Cllr. K. Godfrey was in attendance in the monthly meeting held on 9th June and also the site meeting held on 16th June the minutes of the 9th and 16th June were confirmed as correct.
4. PUBLIC BREAK Mr. S. Kiff was in attendance.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY Proceeding.
5.2 COMMUNITY HALL – CAR PARK LIGHTING Members noted the contents of RCT letter dated 30th June and 11th July in respect of the above advising that the council is not obliged to provide lighting in its car parks.
Cllr. R. B. McDonald has spoken to Colin Lee in RCTCBC earlier today. Cllr. McDonald will report back to the next meeting.
5.3 BUS STOP HAFOD WEN/HIGHLANDS, TONYREFAIL The Clerk had met with members from RCTCBC and the bus company and it was stated that owing to the condition of the road being unadopted in Highlands that it would not be possible for buses to stop at this location. 5.4 MEMORIAL SAFETY – TRANE CEMETERY The Clerk was asked to obtain quotations for outside contractors to undertake this task.
6.1 SOUTH WALES POLICE AUTHORITY- SAFETY VOLUNTEER AWARDS Members noted the contents of their letter dated 20th June in respect of ‘Community Safety Volunteer Awards’
6.2 WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT – STOPPING UP ORDER Members noted the contents of their letter dated 17th June in respect of ‘The Stopping Up of Highways (Forest View, off Elwyn Street, Coedely) Order 201’.
6.3 RCTCBC – YSGOL GYFUN LLANHARRI Members noted the contents of their letter dated 14th June in respect of a ‘Proposal to Make a Prescribed Alteration to Ysgol Gyfun Llanharri’.
6.4 OMBUDSMAN – ANNUAL REPORT 2010/11 The Clerk advised members that a copy of the report will be held in the office should anyone wish to view the contents.
7. PLANNING Cllr. R. B. McDonald left the room whilst planning application were being discussed.
There were no objections/observations made to any planning applications placed on the agenda for this month.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for July2011.
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for July 2011
10 MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT The Clerk was asked to contact RCTCBC as concern was raised with unstable stone pillars ‘leaning’ on Penrhiwfer Road.
It was reported in the PACT meeting that children are climbing into the Prichard Street allotments from the community hall car park.
11. TO ACCEPT: YEAR END ACCOUNTS AS AT 31ST MARCH 2011
11.1 Members approved and accepted the following: a).Income & Expenditure Account as at 31st March 2011 b).Balance Sheet as at 31st March 2011 c).Income & Expenditure Account as at 31st March 2011 d).Bank Reconciliation as at 31st March 2011 e).Bank Reconciliation including Creditors & Debtors as at 31st March 2011 f).Cash Book Reconciliation as at 31st March 2011 g).Outstanding Cheques as at 31st March 2011 h).Creditors & Debtors as at 31st March 2011
11.2 Internal Auditor’s Report as at 31st March 2011 Members noted the contents of the abovementioned.
11.3 Interim Annual Return Members approved and accepted the following: a).Page 1 of the Annual Return b).Section 1 of the Annual Return – Accounting Statements c).Section 2 of the Annual Return – Annual Governance Statement d).Section 4 of the Annual Return – Annual Internal Audit report
12. TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS AND TO CO-OPT A COMMUNITY COUNCILLOR – TYLCHA WARD Members considered 3 applications which had been received and it was unanimously RESOLVED: That Mr. Steve Kiff is co-opted as a Community Councillor for the Tylcha Ward.
13. TO APPROVE AND ACCEPT: QUARTERLY ACCOUNTS Members approved and accepted the following: 13.1Budget as at 30th June 2011 13.2Monthly Statement as at 30th June 2011 13.3Monthly Accounts as at 30th June 2011
14. TO APPROVE AND ACCEPT: Members approved and accepted the following: 14.1Financial & Business Risk Assessment 14.2Financial Risk Assessment 14.3Financial Regulations
15. BANK DEBIT CARD The Clerk asked that a debit card be obtained. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk arranged a debit card with a credit limit of £500.
16. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 8th September 2011. The meeting closed at 7.15 pm