Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 8th July 2010 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 6.30 pm
Present: Cllrs. Mrs. K. Godfrey (Chairman), Mrs. D.Roberts, Mrs. B. McDonald, Messrs. S. Ambani, S. Stevens, and N. Whitehead
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Messrs. R.B. McDonald, M. Jenkins, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Mrs. A.Wharton and Mrs. L. Michel
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST There were no disclosures of interest declared.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES With the following amendments: That the date of the meeting should be 10th June and not 13th May and Minute No. 6.1 – Cllr. Mr. M. Jenkins had forwarded a letter advising that he no longer wished to fill the Minor Authority vacancy at Tonyrefail Primary School, the minutes of the meeting held on 10th June 2010 were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There were Members of the public present at this meeting.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 DOG BINS – TYN-Y-BRYN PARK The Clerk had spoken to Geraint Jenkins in RCTCBC regarding the abovementioned and had been advised that the bins had been removed from the park owing to continuous vandalism. He advised that dog bins are located outside of the park in Tyn-y-Bryn Road and by the Leisure Centre.
It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk writes to RCTCBC asking that dogs be banned from the park and that a dog warden patrols the area on a regular basis
5.2 ‘NO THROUGH ROAD’ SIGN COLLENNA RD/WINSLADE AVE. Cllr. McDonald had received a quotation from RCTCBC of approximately £250 for a new sign. It was RESOLVED: That this item is placed on the agenda for the September meeting.
5.3 KEEPING OF SNAKES AT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS IN TONYREFAIL There were 2 Members of the public present and they advised Members that they had been negotiating with RCTCBC on this issue and that they were being fully co-operative and that they felt that the Community Council need take this matter no further.
5.4 ALLOTMENTS – PENRHIWFER Members were provided with copies of correspondence in relation to the allotments and a letter of support from Tonyrefail Gardening Club.
There were a number of allotment holders present at the meeting and the Clerk up-dated them with the position regarding the sale of the allotments, and that she had been in touch with numerous organisation but to no avail. However RCTCBC were setting up a meeting to discuss the matter.
6. QUOTATIONS FOR NEW COUNCIL VEHICLE. The Clerk advised Members that she had obtained a pre-MOT check and there was a considerable amount of work required on the vehicle. In light of this information it was RESOLVED: That no MOT is carried out on the vehicle and that a new vehicle is purchased.
Members were provided with prices of vehicles and it was RESOLVED: That a Mitsubishi L200 4Work be purchased together with a 3 years service package. The Clerk would arrange the purchase of the new vehicle. It was also RESOLVED: That the Clerk is given delegated powers to dispose of the existing works vehicle for the best price available.
7. OMBUDSMAN Proposal for a common complaints system for public services providers Members were provided with a copy and noted the contents of the same.
8.1 PONTYPRIDD TOWN COUNCIL – CIVIC SERVICE Unfortunately the Chairman is unable to attend. The Clerk would ask the Vice Chairman if he is available on that date. 8.2 WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT - LOCAL BYELAWS Members noted the contents of the consultation paper dated June 2010.
8.3 ONE VOICE WALES – TRAINING PROGRAMME Members noted the contents of the training programme.
8.4 OMBUDSMAN – ANNUAL REPORT 2009/10 Members noted the contents of their letter and a copy of the report would be kept in the office.
8.5 SHELTER CYMRU – FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE Members noted the contents of their letter dated June 2010.
9. PLANNING In respect of Planning Application 10/0157/13 – An objection to this application had been previously forwarded to RCTCBC by the Community Council.
There were no objections/observations to the following applications: 10/0522/08 or 09/1250/10
As there is no meeting in August, the Clerk presented Members with additional planning applications which she had received:
10/0341/10 – Full Planning Permission. Proposed demolition of existing stables and erection of a five bedroom detached dwelling (revised plans received 25/6/10. Location: Land Adjacent to No. 8 Office Row, Penrhiwfer
10/0646/10 – Full Planning Permission Installation of conservatory to front elevation (design amendment from approved application 10/0307) Location: 7 Pant-y-Seren, Thomastown, Tonyrefail.
10/0671/15 – Removal/variation of condition Variation of Condition 1(b) to extend the time period of outline planning permission (06/1109/13) for 3 no. dwellings. Location: Land west of Trane Cemetery, Gilfach Road, Tonyrefail.
10/0674/10 – Full Planning Permission Single storey kitchen/bathroom extension Location: 10 Ashdale Road, Penrhiwfer,
Members raised no objections/observations to the additional applications
10. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the July report.
11 CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING BY RCTCBC It was RESOLVED: That this would take place in October 2010 meeting at 6.30 pm and that the Monthly meeting would commence immediately after.
12. MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT The Clerk advised Members that she had received the relevant forms for the change of signatories on the bank account and that she would have these completed and returned to the bank as soon as possible.
13. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. As there is no meeting in August owing to recess, the next Monthly meeting will take place on Thursday 9th September at 6.30 pm in Tonyrefail Community Centre and the Grant meeting will be held immediately after the Monthly meeting on the same date.