Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 10TH FEBRUARY 2011 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 6.30 pm
Present: Messrs. M. Jenkins (Vice Chairman), N. Whitehead, S. Stevens, Mrs. D. Roberts and Mrs. B. Jenkins
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of the Cllr. K. Godfrey – Chairman, Cllr. M. Jenkins – Vice Chairman took the chair for the meeting.
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. R. B. McDonald, S. Ambani and A. Wharton.
2. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INTEREST There were no disclosures of personal interest declared.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Monthly meeting, the Code of Conduct Training meeting and the Precept meeting all held on Thursday 13 January were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There were 2 members of the public in attendance.
It was brought to the attention of the council that a request had been made for a bus stop to be located by Hafod Wen, but to no avail. Members asked the Clerkto write to RCTCBC on this matter.
5.MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY The Clerk had been in discussion with Mr. R. Thomas in respect of the abovementioned. In view of this the Clerk was asked to arrange an informal meetingto discuss the matter further.
5.2 FOOTPATH NO. 85 – OFF TREBANOG HILL The Clerk reported that the footpath is in a ‘boggy’ state, but that this was to be expected with the heavy rain that we have encountered this winter. The Clerk also pointed out to members that this footpath was on land which had been designated as ‘open country’.
5.3 COMMUNITY HALL – CAR PARK LIGHTING No reply had been receipt of RCTCBC. The Clerk would write again.
5.4 ENTRANCE TO LEISURE CENTRE Members noted the contents of RCTCBC letter dated 31st January 2011. The Clerk had also been advised by RCTCBC that they would contact her once the work had been completed. 5.5 PENRHIWFER ROAD – WATER PROBLEMS Members noted the contents of RCTCBC letter dated 27th January advising that ‘ditching’ works have recently been carried out to address the problem.
6.1 WELSH ASSY. GOVERNMENT – BORROWING BY TOWN & COMMUNITY COUNCILS Members noted the contents of their letter dated 14th January 2011.
6.2 WELSH ASSY. GOVERNMENT – S137 EXPENDITURE – LIMITED 2011/12 Members noted the contents of their letter dated January 2011 advising that the appropriate sum for the purposes of S137 (4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972 for community and town councils in Wales for 2011-12 is £6.43.
6.3 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – RHYS WILLIAMS TAYLOR Unfortunately the community councils have no power to able to offer financial assistance to an individual.
6.4. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE – CALLUM EVANS As per minute no. 6.3.
6.5 TONYREFAIL BOYS & GIRLS CLUB Members noted receipt of their ‘thank you’ letter in respect of the S137 grant awarded to their organisation.
6.6 BRITISH GAS – ELECTRICITY CONTRACT It was RESOLVED: To accept the ‘fixed’ term contract for electricity for the forthcoming year.
6.7 THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION – GREAT POPPY WEEKEND Members noted the contents of their letter dated 4th January 2011.
6.8 THE MAYOR – RCTCBC A ‘thank you’ letter had been received from the Mayor for the donation of the money collected for the Senior Citizens Christmas dinner
7. PLANNING There were no objections/observations made to any planning applications placed on the agenda for this month.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for February
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for February
10MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT The Clerk reminded members of the dates the office will be unattended.
11. SENIOR CITIZENS CHRISTMAS DINNER The Clerk provided costs for the ‘Christmas Dinner’ and it was RESOLVED: To accept the quote of £10.50 per person from Boyce Caterers.
The Clerk would make the necessary arrangements.
12. A SHARED COMMUNITY – MODEL CHARTER
12.1 TO ACCEPT THE RCTCBC MODEL CHARTER Members accepted the same. 12.1 TO SIGN THE RCTCBC MODEL CHARTER The Clerk would arrange to have the Charter signed by the Chairman and would return to RCTCBC as soon as possible
12.2 SUGGESTIONS FOR THE ACTION PLAN Members were asked to submit suggestions for the action plan.
12.3 INVITATION TO CHARTER MEETING ON 21/2/11 An invitation had been received from RCTCBC to attend the abovementioned. Cllrs. D. Roberts advised that she would attend. Cllrs. N. Whitehead and S. Stevens would confirm as soon as possible if they are able to attend.
13. BUS SHELTER BRYNGOLAU Members noted the contents of both letters from Mr. & Mrs Clare and RCTCBC.
As the community council has no budget to be able to provide a bus shelter at this time, the Clerk was asked to write to RCTCBC to ask if another bus shelter is available from the Heads of the Valleys scheme that they could earmark it for Bryngolau.
14 .OFFICE EQUIPMENT A discussion took place on the provision of computers. The Clerk was asked to obtain further information on a ‘secured network’
15. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. As there are no planned meetings in March and April, the next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 12th May 2011.