Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 9th December, 2010 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 5.30 pm
Present: Mrs. B. McDonald, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Mrs. A. Wharton, Messrs. R.B. McDonald, S. Stevens, M. Jenkins,
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of the Chairman, Cllr. R. B. McDonald took the chair.
1 APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. D. Roberts, Mrs. L. Michel and S.Ambani
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST Cllr. R.B McDonald declared an interest in Planning Applications – Minute No. 7I am a County Borough Councillor and unable to express an opinion on Planning Applications prior to a Development Control Meeting.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the monthly meeting held on Thursday 11th November 2010 were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There were no members of the public present.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 LAND ADJACENT TO TRANE CEMETERY Proceeding.
5.2 BUS SHELTER – HEOL TY LLWYD An acknowledgement of receipt of the Community Council letter to RCTCBC had been received.
5.3 FOOTPATH NO. 85 – OFF TREBANOG HILL Owing to the current weather conditions, it had not been possible to inspect the above path.
6.1 W.L.G.A. – COMMUNITY RESILIENCE Members noted the contents of the abovementioned.
6.2 W.A.G. – CONSULTATION FIRE & RESCUE AUTHORITIES Members noted the contents of the abovementioned.
6.3 RCTCBC – DEVELOPMENT/TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES Members were asked to consider the above and to notify the Clerk of any training that they would be interested in attending.
6.4 CARDIFF UNIVERSITY - RURAL OBSERVATORY SERVICES Members noted the contents of the abovementioned.
6.5 W.A.G – COMMUNITY & TOWN COUNCIL SURVEY Members noted the contents of the abovementioned.
6.6 RHONDDA CYNON TAFF CULTURAL SERVICES ANNUAL REVIEW Members noted the contents of their review for 2009.
6.7 R.C.T.C.B.C – PROPOSED CHARTER WITH COMMUNITY COUNCILS The Clerk provided Members with a copy of ‘A Shared Community – Model Charter’ and members were in favour of the proposal.
7.1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS Cllr. R.B. McDonald left the room whilst this item of business was discussed, as per his disclosure in minute No. 2
There were no objections to any of the planning applications placed on the agenda for this months meeting.
7.2 PLANNING APPEAL – PLANNING APPLICATION 10/0157/13 The Clerk advised members that she had received a notice of appeal regarding the above planning application. Members noted the same.
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Owing to the current weather conditions, there had been no footpath report prepared this month.
The Clerk had been contacted by a member of the public to advise that a hole had appeared on Footpath 101. She reported this to the Footpath Officer in RCTCBC and they have filled in the hole.
9. ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT It was RESOLVED: To accept the accounts for payment as reported for December.
10 MEMBERS/CLERKS REPORT
10.1 COMMUNITY HALL – NO LIGHTING IN CAR PARK It was reported that the car park adjacent to the Community Hall in Prichard Street had no lighting. The Clerk was asked to arrange a site visit with both the Highways Department and the Leisure department and Cllr. R.B. McDonald and the Clerk.
10.2 ENTRANCE TO LEISURE CENTRE FROM WAUNRHYDD ROAD It was reported that it was dangerous for wheelchair users, and people pushing prams down Waunrhydd road to cross the entrance/exit from the leisure centre as there is limited visibility. The Clerk was asked to contact RCTCBC regarding this issue.
10.3 CLERKS HOLIDAYS The Clerk advised members that she would be taking annual leave from 16th December 2010 and will return on the 29th December.
11. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Council will take place on Thursday 13th January 2011