Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council held on Thursday 8th April 2010 at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, at 6.30 p.m.
Present: Cllrs. Mrs. B. McDonald, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Messrs. N. Whitehead and M. Jenkins.
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
In the absence of both the Chairman Cllr. Mrs. D. Roberts, and the Vice Chairman Cllr. Mrs. K. Godfrey, Cllr. Mrs. B. McDonald was nominated to take the chair for this meeting.
1. APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. D. Roberts, Mrs. L. Michel, Mrs. A. Wharton, Messrs. R. B. McDonald and S. Ambani.
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST There were no disclosures of personal interest declared.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Monthly meeting held on the 11th March 2010, were confirmed as a correct record.
4. PUBLIC BREAK There was a member of the public present who came to observe the meeting and raised no questions with the Council.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5.1 SCHOOL STREET, TONYREFAIL The Clerk advised Members that both the ‘Dog’ and ‘Litter’ bins had been ordered with RCTCBC.
With regards to the ‘glass’ in School Street, Mr. K. Harrison had advised the Clerk that this had now been cleaned up.
5.2 LIGHTING PARK LANE SURGERY TO TYN-Y-BRYN ROAD The lens has been replaced, but the Clerk advised that 3 of the 6 lights were not working and she had informed RCTCBC of this fact.
5.3 SENIOR CITIZENS CHRISTMAS DINNER Members noted the thank you letter from the Mayor of RCTCBC for the donation of £150
5.4 R.C.T. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2006-2021 Members noted the contents of a letter from RCTCBC dated 23rd March in respect of the abovementioned.
5.5 TELEPHONE SYSTEM Unfortunately the representative from British Telecom had been unable to attend the meeting with the Clerk, but advised the Clerk that the current system is the most economical for the Council’s requirements. He advised that he would ask a Member from B.T to contact the Clerk in order that our call charges could be reviewed.
5.6 REQUEST FOR A BENCH AT TRANE CEMETERY The minutes of the site meeting held on Thursday 25th March were confirmed as a correct record.
The Clerk advised Members that she would obtain quotations for benches and would bring back the costs to Council for their consideration. 5.7R EVIEW OF COUNCILLORS ALLOWANCES REGULATIONS Members discussed the abovementioned and noted the contents of the letter from the Welsh Assembly Government dated 8th February 2010.
5.8 THE GREEN MEADOW BOWMEN Members noted the contents of the ‘thank you letter from this organisation.
5.9‘ NO THROUGH ROAD’ SIGN COLLENNA RD/WINSLADE AVE. Proceeding.
5.10 REPLACEMENT OF WORKS VEHICLE Proceeding.
5.11 CASUAL VACANCY The Clerk advised Members that the election for a Community Councillor for the Collenna ward would take place on 27th May
6.1 RED KITE TRAVEL The Clerk would forward an application form to this organisation prior to the Grants meeting in September.
6.2 TONYREFAIL BOYS & GIRLS FOOTBALL CLUB As Minute No. 6.1
6.3 THE KEEP CHIVENOR 24 HOURS CAMPAIGN Members noted the contents of an email received from Porthcawl Town Council in respect of the abovementioned and the Clerk was asked to write in support of the campaign
7. PLANNING There were no objections/observations to any of the following planning applications: 10/0214/10, 10/0168/10, 09/1361/10 or 10/0188/10/
8. FOOTPATH REPORT Members noted the contents of the footpath report for April 2010 and the Clerk was asked whether the repair of the vandalized drainage pipe on Footpath No. 68 was a recurring problem.
9. ACCOUNTS It was RESOLVED: That the accounts for April be approved and accepted.
10. REPORTS/COMPLAINTS There were no reports/complaints as this months meeting.
11.1 REVIEW OF 25 YEAR RULE ON BURIALS A discussion took place on this matter and it was RESOLVED: That this would be discussed further in the AGM meeting to be held in May.
12. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting of the Community Council will be held immediately after the Annual meeting on Thursday 13th May which will commence at 6.30 p.m. in the Community Centre, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail.