Owing to the absence of the Chairman Cllrs. Mrs. K. Godfrey, it was moved and seconded for Cllrs. Mrs D. Roberts to take the chair.
1. APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. B. Jenkins, Mrs. A. Wharton and Mr. M. Jenkins.
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST There were no disclosures of interest to be declared
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Annual meeting dated 13th May 2010 had been previously confirmed at the Monthly meeting held in June 2010.
4. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR. Nominations were taken. Cllr. Mr. Mark Jenkins was moved and secondedfor the position of Chairman for the coming year. There were no other nominations, and Cllr. Mr. Mark Jenkins was therefore unanimously elected.
5. APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR. Cllr. Mr. Shawn Stevens was moved and seconded for the position of Vice Chairman for the coming year. There were no other nominations and Cllr. Mr Shawn Stevens was therefore unanimously elected.
In the absence of the Chairman, Cllr. Shawn Stevens took the Chair for the remainder of the meeting.
6. CHAIRMAN’S ALLOWANCE A motion was moved and seconded that the Chairman’s Allowance would remain at £1200, payable bi-annually to the Chairman. This was unanimously agreed.
7. DELEGATES:- Cemetery InspectorsAll Councillors Health & Safety at Works RepresentativesAll Councillors Pontypridd & District Age Concern Representative & Deputy – Cllr. Mrs. B. Jenkins. Taff Ely Crime Prevention Panel – Cllr. Mr. N. Whitehead Charter Community Liaison Committee – Cllr. Mrs. K. Godfrey
8 BURIAL FEES REVIEW Following a discussion it was RESOLVED: That a 2.5% increase will be applied to all cemetery fees as and from 1st July 2011.
9. ALLOTMENT RENT REVIEW It was RESOLVED: That an increase of 10p per perch is implemented in April 2012.
10. STAFFING There were no staffing issues raised.
11. END OF YEAR ACCOUNTS/BALANCE SHEET MARCH 2010 Members were circulated with a copy of the Receipts and Payments statement as at 31st March 2011. This was noted and accepted.
12. TO REVIEW BANK SIGNATORIES It was RESOLVED: That the following councillors would be bank signatories for the ensuing year.
Cllr. Mrs. B. McDonald Cllr. Mrs. B. Jenkins Cllr. Mrs. D. Roberts Cllr. Mrs. A. Wharton Cllr. Mr. R. B. McDonald Cllr. Mr. S. Stevens
The Clerk would make the necessary arrangements with the bank.