Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Tonyrefail & District Community Council, held on Thursday 13th May 2010, at Tonyrefail Community Hall, Pritchard Street, Tonyrefail, commencing at 6.30 p.m.
Present:Cllrs. Mrs. D.Roberts, Mrs. B. McDonald, Mrs. B. Jenkins, Messrs. R.B. McDonald, N. Whitehead and Mr. Jenkins,
In Attendance: Mrs. P. Williams (Clerk)
1. APOLOGIES Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. Mrs. K. Godfrey, Mrs. A. Wharton, Mrs. L. Michel and Mr. S. Ambani.
2. DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST There were no disclosures of interest declared.
3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES The minutes of the Annual meeting dated 11TH May 2009 had been previously confirmed at the Monthly meeting held in June 2009.
4. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR. Nominations were taken. Cllr. Mrs. Karen Godfrey was moved and seconded for the position of Chairman for the coming year. There were no other nominations, and Cllr. Mrs. K. Godfrey was therefore unanimously elected.
The outgoing chairman Cllr. Mrs. D. Roberts thanked the Members and Clerk for their support during the year.
Cllr. R.B. McDonald on behalf of the Members paid his thanks to Cllr. Roberts for a ‘Job Well Done’
5. APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR. Cllr. Mr. Mark Jenkins was moved and seconded for the position of Vice Chairman for the coming year. There were no other nominations and Cllr. Mr. M. Jenkins was therefore unanimously elected.
In the absence of the Chairman, Cllr. Mark Jenkins took the Chair for the remainder of the meeting.
6. CHAIRMAN’S ALLOWANCE The Clerk had circulated information to Members regarding an article in the August 2009 SLCC Branch Newsletter referring to Chairman’s allowance. Members noted its contents
A motion was moved and seconded that the Chairman’s Allowance would remain at £1200, payable bi-annually to the Chairman. This was unanimously agreed.
7. DELEGATES:- Cemetery InspectorsAll Councillors Health & Safety at Works RepresentativesAll Councillors Age Concern(Taff Ely over 50’s Forum)Mrs. B. Jenkins Taff Ely Crime Prevention PanelCllr. N. Whitehead
8 BURIAL FEES REVIEW Following a discussion it was RESOLVED: That a 2.5% increase will be applied to all cemetery fees.
9. ALLOTMENT RENT REVIEW It was RESOLVED: That no increase is implemented in April 2011.
10. STAFFING 10.1 Clerks – Working Hours The Clerk advised Members that she was finding it difficult to manage the workload at present, owing to additional burial administration that was now required. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk would increase her working hours from 20 hours to 24 hours per week.
10.2 Delgated Powers The Clerk asked for clarification as to the delegated powers given to her regarding purchasing items. She was advised that this was £500.
10.3 Computer Software The Clerk asked Members if they would consider the Clerk purchasing ‘Microsoft Office’ as there are occasions when email attachments cannot be accessed on works. It was RESOLVED: That the Clerk proceeds with the purchase of the same.
11. END OF YEAR ACCOUNTS/BALANCE SHEET MARCH 2010 Members were circulated with a copy of the Receipts and Payments statement as at 31st March 2010. This was noted and accepted.